Latest update: 29 July 2015
Train Line offers a basic RC system called ‘Easy Train Control’ (‘Easy TC’), which consists of a receiver, and a small controller with just two buttons. Easy TC offers two use cases: independent RC loco control, and a wireless control option for your analogue speed controller (e.g. LGB 50080).
To control your locos individually, the receiver is fitted inside the locomotive. The loco can be powered from an onboard battery, or track power.
The system can also be used to provide a wireless control option for your analogue speed controller (e.g. LGB 50080). The Easy TC receiver is connected between the speed controller and the track, so you can control the track using the Easy TC controller.
The video below is with German commentary, but if you skip to halfway of the video you’ll see the system installed in a locomotive.
- 6010002 Easy Train Control 868 Mhz, Transmitter and Receiver
- Working frequency: 868 MHz
- Power output (receiver): 3 A (standard), 5 A (additional cooling required)
- Range: 100 m
Pros & Cons:
+ Easy setup
+ Individual loco control at low cost
+ Conversion option for analogue speed controllers
– Documentation in German only (?)
– Multiple controllers needed for multiple locos