Latest update: 30 July 2015
Massoth is probably the biggest name for digital G scale products in Europe, as their ‘DiMAX’ DCC range is incredibly popular. This page provides a brief overview of their digital system and its components.
The Massoth system has four primary components: the central station unit, a power supply, a wireless handheld controller (called ‘Navigator’) and finally a wireless receiver.
The ‘1210Z’ central station offers up to 12 Amps of output power, and is probably the most powerful unit on the market. The 1210Z is the successor to the previous ‘1200Z’.
Massoth offers a matching power supply ‘1200T’, which operates at 110 V – 230 V which makes it suitable for use in both Europe and the US.
The ‘Navigator’ is a handheld controller featuring a backlit display, a speed controller knob and several push buttons. The Navigator is available for both wired and wireless operation, and you can purchase it in three colours. Cable-only Navigators can later be retrofitted with a transmitter to enable wireless operations as well.
For wireless operation of the Navigator, you need the wireless receiver which converts the radio signal transmitted by the Navigator into a digital signal for the Central Station.
12 Amps still not enough? Massoth offers a 12 A booster ‘1202B’ as well.
- 8136501 DiMAX 1210Z Digital Central Station
- 8135501 DiMAX 1200T Power Supply
- 8134001 DiMAX Navigator Blue – Cable operation only, RC transmitter may be retrofitted
- 8134501 DiMAX Navigator Blue – Wireless operation (EU) & cable operation
- 8134701 DiMAX Navigator Blue – Wireless operation (US) & cable operation
- 8134101 DiMAX Navigator Red – Cable operation only, RC transmitter may be retrofitted [Limited Edition]
- 8134201 DiMAX Navigator Black – Cable operation only, RC transmitter may be retrofitted [Limited Edition]
- 8133501 DiMAX Retrofit Transmitter (EU)
- 8132501 DiMAX Retrofit Transmitter (US)
- Wireless Receiver
- 8133001 DiMAX Receiver (EU)
- 8132001 DiMAX Receiver (US)
- 8137501 DiMAX 1202B Digital Booster
- Output voltage (1210Z): 14 – 22 V (adjustable)
- Output power (1210Z): 4, 7 or 12 A (adjustable)
Pros & Cons:
+ 12 Amps
+ PC connection
– No factory smartphone / tablet app for wireless operation