Latest update: 30 September 2016
Bachmann Trains offers products in several scales: N, H0, On30, O and G scale.
Bachmann’s G scale range is called “Large Scale”. They offer two main product lines in G scale: “Big Haulers” and “Spectrum”.
The “Big Haulers” range includes items in several scales. Some of the older stuff is 1:22,5 scale, the Peter Witt streetcar and ex-USA Trains speeders are 1:29 scale. Some 1:20,3 scale products are included as well.
The “Spectrum” line includes products with a higher scale fidelity, detailing and quality. Most (all?) of the Spectrum products are modelled for 1:20,3 scale narrow gauge.
For kids, there is the popular “Thomas & Friends” line, with most of the familiar faces of the TV series also available as a large scale toy model. Another product line aimed at children is the “Li’l Big Haulers” range that includes starter sets, locomotives, passenger cars and freight cars.
The lists below contains an overview of the scales of Bachmann’s large scale rolling stock. The lists are assembled based on the info I found online and in Bachmann’s catalogues.
- Baldwin 2-4-2 Steam Locomotive
- Baldwin 2-6-0 Mogul Steam Locomotive with Tender
- …. ?
- 1:22,5 ?
- 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive “Annie” Anniversary Edition
- Open Streetcar
- Hand Car
- Jackson & Sharp Passenger Car, Boxcar, High-Side Gondola, Hopper, Reefer, Stock Car, Tank Car, Log Car, Bobber Caboose …
- Peter Witt Streetcar
- No Scale Indication
- 0-4-0 Side Tank Porter
- 2-6-0 Steam Locomotive with Tender
- Baldwin 2-4-4 Forney Steam Locomotive
- Baldwin 2-6-6-2 Articulated Saddle Tank Locomotive
- Baldwin 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive
- C-19 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive with Tender
- K-27 Steam Locomotive with Tender
- Rail Truck
- Three-Truck Shay Steam Locomotive
- Two-Truck Climax Steam Locomotive
- Low-Side Gondola, Flat Car, Boxcar, Boxcar w/Murphy Roof, 2-Bay Steel Hopper, Frameless Tank Car, Framed Tank Car, Long Caboose …