The latest issue of the Gartenbahn Profi magazine features a full-page ad from PIKO on the back cover. Nothing special at first sight, but on the left bottom there’s a small image of the 2015 catalogue with a BR 24 on the cover!
As the Class 24 steam locomotive is very similar to the Class 64 already offered by PIKO , it is very likely we will see the BR 24 in production for 2015.
Picture source: Bahnbilder.de
Ed’s Gartenbahn announced their new items for 2015.
- RhB Gmf 4/4 II & Xrot snow blower
- RhB Te 2/2
- FO Te 2/2 4926
- RhB Ge 2/4 – body for use on LGB chassis
Link: Ed’s Garten Bahn New Items 2015 (PDF, 326 KB)
According to the 2014 catalogue from PIKO, the following models are end of range:
- 36303 Container 20′ ”Hamburg Süd” VI
- 37200 Steam loco BR 80 DR III
- 37541 Diesel Locomotive BR 199 “Harzer Schmalspurbahnen” V
- 37607 Umbau Passenger Car BD3yg 2. cl. w Luggage Compartment DB IV
- 37608 Umbau Passenger Car B3yg 2. cl. DB IV
- 37904 Flat car DR III
- 37922 Passenger Car 2. cl. ÖBB III
- 38600 D&RGW Passenger Coach 306
- 38601 D&RGW Combine Car
- 38819 SF Chico Refrigerator Car
- 38820 NYC Offset-Side Hopper
- 38822 Christmas Car 2012
- 38834 Christmas Car 2013
- 38840 Santa Fe Box Car
Some models are already out of stock at PIKO, but you might still find them at your local shop. So if you really want one of the these engines or cars, better hurry.
The items mentioned above were explicitely listed as end of range in the catalogue, but some other models have disappeared from the PIKO webshop as well:
- 37300 VT98 / VS98 Railbus and Trailer, DB III
- 37304 VT798 / VS998 Railbus and Trailer, “Prignitzer Eisenbahn” V
- 37430 Electric Loco BR 194 DB IV
- 37520 Diesel Locomotive BR 260 DB IV
- 38210 D&RGW Mogul Steam Loco and Tender with Smoke
Fans of the DEV ‘Franzburg’ Era IV steam locomotive (Art.No. 20181) had to be patient: Announced in 2013, delayed in 2014, and finally available in January 2015… At least, according to the latest planned delivery dates list from LGB.
LGB has scheduled some more deliveries of 2014 new items for the coming months. Planned for December is the ‘Anniversary Set for 125 Years of the Rhaetian Railroad’ (Art.No. 29271):
The full list of planned deliveries can be found here: LGB New Items 2014 – Delivery Dates
The latest issue of the LGB ‘Big’ magazine is now available. Members of the LGB Club receive the magazine as a part of their membership, but it is also sold separately at select bookshops and newsagent’s shops.
Link: LGB Big