PIKO has been busy, and delivered the following items this month.
- 36166 Metal Wheelset 30 mm Dia. 2 Pcs. Red, Chrome-Nickel Plated
- 37140 Digital Freight Starter Set DB IV with sound
- 37761 Flat car with stakes Res DR IV
- 38241 CNJ 2-6-0 Camelback Loco “Blue Comet” & Tender w/Sound
- 38620 CNJ Wood Coach, Blue Comet #1
- 38621 CNJ Wood Coach, Blue Comet #2
- 38622 CNJ Wood Combine, Blue Comet
- 38700 SF Flat Car with Stakes
- 38705 PRR Tank Car
- 38710 PRR Flat Car with Stakes
- 38711 D&RGW Tank Car
User “Stefans Gartenbahn” posted a few pictures of the new DR era IV flat car on the German “Gartenbahn Spur G” forum: PIKO 37761 Flat car with stakes Res DR IV
“TrainWorld” has an album with pictures of the “Blue Comet” locomotive and coaches on their Facebook page, and a picture of the new Pennsylvania tank car as well. Link: PIKO #38241 CNJ 2-6-0 Camelback Loco “Blue Comet” & Tender
My email address has changed recently, you can now reach me at:
You can also send me a message on Google Hangouts (with your Google/Gmail address), follow the link below to check out how.
Link: Contact – G Scale News
Massoth announced a new item for this fall: a programmable train destination display. Some of the features:
- The Train-Destination-Display may be operated in digital (DCC) and analog mode.
- The factory default settings are set to operate the display in the RhB ALLEGRA.
- The display comes in the required housing which makes it easy to mount it into the ALLEGRA train but also many other cars (modification required).
- It simply connects to track power for operation. Round about 400 station names (single line display and two line display available) and 18 images from major narrow gauge and regular gauge stations are preconfigured (worldwide, for example Germany, Switzerland, USA, etc.) and can be accessed by function keys when assigned by CV programming.
- The display also supports the brand new binary state functions as well as a stepping feature and contact operation.
- Besides a variety of special display information as „Guterzug“, „Werksfahrt“, „Arbeitszug“, etc. some event texts are included, such as „Happy Birthday“, „Merry Christmas“, „Happy New Year“, etc.
- The display also supports a clock display (digital and analog), both in real time and model time.
- Still not enough? You may even programm your own station names to display.
Link to full list of features: Massoth 8161102 Train Destination Display
Article number: 8161102
Price: MSRP €121 (set of 2)
Bachmann now offers a twenty percent discount on parts:
Now until November 2, 2014, ONLY, use the special code “CANDY” to enjoy 20% off any regularly priced Bachmann parts currently in stock when you place an order for a minimum of $50.00 (not including shipping) directly from Bachmann’s Parts Catalog on our website.
Link: Bachmann Parts Catalog
Garden Railways offers a chance to win a USA Trains Santa Fe NW locomotive valued at over 400 USD (~ €310). Only residents of the USA and Canada can participate by entering their email address. The contest ends September 30.